My Brother's Keeper is the Obama Administration Initiative to improve life outcomes of all children, especially boys and men of color (BMOC). The City of Baton Rouge was an early acceptor of President Obama's Challenge to mayors and local community leaders.
Our Purpose: MBK-BR is a collaborative infrastructure that supports existing and new networks of leaders at the local, state, and national levels to consistently connect, share knowledge, and align their activities toward shared policy and goals that improve life outcomes for children, especially Boys and Men of Color (BMOC).
- MBK-BR will lead a collective impact movement in demonstrating that
with public and private support and technical assistance, schools, community partners,
local agencies and leaders can take more comprehensive outcome focused approaches
to removing barrier to opportunity and improving the lives of young people.
Goals and Objectives
- Eliminating disparities in Education, Health, Justice creating unlimited possibilities
- Ensuring all youth have an opportunity to realize their full potential
- Support Early Childhood Education
- Combat the cause and consequences of disparities in early childhood development and learning
- Increase kindergarten readiness through early home visiting and dual-generation programs
- Empower parents and engage other caring adults
- Advocate public and private campaigns for mentor recruitment
- Provide transparent data on critical life indicators
- Summer Learning Loss prevention
|My Brother's Keeper - Baton Rouge
For more information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org