Jewel J. Newman Community Center
Jewel J. Newman Community Center or JJNCC functions as the focal point of social, medical and recreational activities for citizens in the North Baton Rouge area.
The JJNCC houses the BRPCC Health Center, Office of Social Services and
governmental offices of elected officials. In addition, the center contains a large gym, a dining room, and a game room that provides enjoyment for North Baton Rouge community residents.
Jewel J. Newman Community Center is located in Council District 2, and represented by Councilwoman Chauna Banks-Daniel.
|Summer Camp 2016 Application |
40th Anniversary Celebration
Black Business Expo
Join Us in Celebrating 40 Years of "Changing Lives Through Service" on Thursday, July 21st - Sunday, July 24th. The event will include a Black Business Expo,
Carnival Rides, Parade and a Gala.
Councilwoman Chauna Banks invites everyone to attend our Black Business Expo to be held on Thursday, July 21st - Saturday, July 23rd from 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. on Thursday and Friday and from 12 Noon - 10 p.m. on Saturday. Booth space is still available.
For more information call 225.389.8331 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application to Participate in the 40th Anniversary Celebration Parade
Souvenir Booklet Advertisement Order Form
The Jewel J. Newman Community Center will be celebrating 40 years of service to our community. As a part of
our celebration, we will have a parade on Saturday, July 23, 2016. Let us know if you would like to participate in the Jewel J. Newman 40th Year Anniversary
Please fill out the attached application and mail or fax to the center. All
information concerning the parade is included on the application. We look
forward to your group and/or organization participating in our parade.
For more information, please contact
Pamela Dupard at:
Jewel J. Newman Community Center
2013 Central Rd., Baton Rouge, LA 70807
Phone: 225 775-3935;
Fax: 225 774-0168
or email to: email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of services do you have to offer at Jewel J. Newman Community Center?
The Jewel J. Newman Community Center offers a variety of activities and accommodations suitable for both public and private functions. The facility has both large and medium sized rooms allowing for private meetings and conferences. The larger room serves as a game room with a supply of tables and video games. The gymnasium area is suited for most indoor league and tournament sporting events and offers a stage and dressing area, accommodating for moderate theatrical or orchestral stage presentations. The gym features a fully-equipped kitchen.
What agencies and programs are located in the Jewel J. Newman Community Center?
The following agencies and programs are located in the center.
- Metro Councilwoman Chauna Banks-Daniel District 2 at 225.389.8331 or 225.389.4699;
- Office of Social Services provides services for Energy Assistance, Emergency Assistance, TANF Program, LLATP Program, FEMA Program, CSBG, Grant Program, Income Tax and Commodities) for available funds and qualifications call 225.778.1007 or 225.778.0969;
- Comprehensive Health and Social Services provides the following services:
- Elderly Affairs, a program designed for citizens over the age of 60 with emphasis placed on Health Screening to eligible clients;
- The Homemaker Program provides light housekeeping duties one-hour daily one day per week;
- Juvenile Delinquency Prevention Program provides non-residential prevention and diversion services to youth and the Community through educational training in delinquency prevention and substance abuse;
- Transportation provided for enrolled participants from area schools;
- Emergency Food Pantry applications are taken Monday through Wednesday and Friday of each week from 8 a.m. til
4 p.m. Food is issued on Thursday at 1:30 p.m.;
- Summer Day Camp call 225.775.3935 for more information.
Does JJNCC have an after school tutorial program?
Yes, the Community Center offers two sessions, from 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. and from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Is there a medical office or dental office located at the center?
Yes, the Jewel Newman Health Center offers health and dental services provide by Baton Rouge Primary Care Collaborative, Inc. and located in the center. For services, hours and more information visit Baton Rouge Primary Care Collaborative, Inc.
Is your facility available for rental functions?
Yes, JJNCC has available rental space for wedding receptions, family reunions, banquets and meetings?
Is your facility open on weekends?
Yes, our JJNCC facility is open on weekends for rental activities.
What are your hours for recreation?
Recreational hours are 3 p.m. - 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
What type of Senior Citizen Services or Programs do you provide?
The JJNCC offers an Exercise Program, Computer Literacy Classes and Ceramic Class.
How do you apply for Food For Families and Seniors?
You may apply for Food For Families/Seniors by calling 1.800.522.3333. Food For Families is administered by the Catholic Diocese of New Orleans.
Are Food For Families/Seniors available to pick-up commodities at the Center?
Yes, Food For Families/Seniors distribute 40 lbs. of food on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Monday of each month.